Hello! My name is Sarah and I am a junior majoring in Advertising. If I had it my way, I would stay in college forever because I enjoy all the fun times with my friends, and I'm afraid I won't be able to find a job after I graduate. My ideal job would be working for an advertising agency designing ads or working for a greeting card company. Basically I want to get paid to have fun and be creative.
I chose to take this class because I heard from a lot of people that it was very interesting. Also, I am the type of person who can look at myself in the mirror and never be completely satisfied with what I see. I will always compare myself to my other friends who are skinnier, tanner, prettier and more confident in their bodies. I hope that this class will help me have more confidence in body and not hate what I see everytime I look in the mirror.
5 of the most pressing issues of body image (in my opinion)
2. eating disorders
3. skin tone (tanning)
4. plastic surgery
5. breast size
My expectations for this course are to learn how to deal with my body image issues and to how to help others deal with their body issues as well.
5 questions I would like to answer for myself this semester
1. Why can't I be comfortable in my own body?
2. Why am I so critical of the imperfections of other people?
3. What's the best way to deal with someone who has an eating disorder?
4. Why can't there be a magazine that shows people that haven't been airbrushed?
5. If wearing makeup makes me feel more confident, is it vain?